RCETC believes the following to be foundational truths of the Christian faith:
- We believe God is holy, loving, wise, eternal, omniscient, omnipotent and triune by nature.
- We believe Jesus Christ by nature is God’s only Son and came to earth virgin born as fully man to live, die and be resurrected from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is God by nature and works in the world to testify that Jesus Christ is God incarnate and the savior of the world. He anoints, indwells, empowers, seals, and teaches the believer concerning the Scriptures, while with an attitude of love, convicts the world of sin, toward the salvation of the world.
- We believe in the holy inspiration of the original Scriptures and that they are verbal, plenary, and inerrant.
- We believe mankind was created in the image of God, perfect and complete, then fell into sin corrupting mankind’s nature, thus becoming separated from God.
- We believe that the salvation of mankind comes by the grace of God, plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions of salvation are repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the biblical precepts governing the institution of marriage.
- We believe in the return of Jesus Christ to establish His earthly Kingdom and reign on the throne of David as its eternal King.
Scriptures Supporting Claims: Gen. 1:1; John 1:1-3, 14; Lev. 19:2; Ps. 106:1; Deut. 33:27; Eph. 5:1; 1 John 4:1-21, 5:1-21; Rom. 3:9-19; John 15:26,27, 16:1-15; Mark 10:18 ; Luke 18:19; Matt. 25:31-46; Rev. 20:11-15; Luke 1:67-79; John 3:1-21; Gal. 1:3-5; Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5-7; Rom. 5:8; James 4:5,6; 2 Tim. 3:16,17; 1 Tim. 4:13; John 8:31-47; Acts 20:20,21; Luke 1:31-33. (NASB)