RCETC believes the following to be foundational truths of the Christian faith:
- We believe God is holy, loving, wise, eternal, omniscient, omnipotent and triune by nature.
- We believe Jesus Christ by nature is God’s only Son and came to earth virgin born as fully man to live, die and be resurrected from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is God by nature and works in the world to testify that Jesus Christ is God incarnate and the savior of the world. He anoints, indwells, empowers, seals, and teaches the believer concerning the Scriptures, while with an attitude of love, convicts the world of sin, toward the salvation of the world.
- We believe in the holy inspiration of the original Scriptures and that they are verbal, plenary, and inerrant.
- We believe mankind was created in the image of God, perfect and complete, then fell into sin corrupting mankind’s nature, thus becoming separated from God.
- We believe that the salvation of mankind comes by the grace of God, plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions of salvation are repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that there is good found only in God’s nature and sponsored by His presence and influence, and evil is only found in the devil’s nature and sponsored through his presence and influence.
- We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the return of Jesus Christ to establish his earthly Kingdom and reign on the throne of David as its eternal King.
Scriptures Supporting Claims: Gen. 1:1; John 1:1-3, 14; Lev. 19:2; Ps. 106:1; Deut. 33:27; Eph. 5:1; 1 John 4:1-21, 5:1-21; Rom. 3:9-19; John 15:26,27, 16:1-15; Mark 10:18 ; Luke 18:19; Matt. 25:31-46; Rev. 20:11-15; Luke 1:67-79; John 3:1-21; Gal. 1:3-5; Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5-7; Rom. 5:8; James 4:5,6; 2 Tim. 3:16,17; 1 Tim. 4:13; John 8:31-47; Acts 20:20,21; Luke 1:31-33. (NASB)
RCETC also supports and recognizes the original “Nicene Creed” as adopted in 325 A.D. The English Translation is posted below:
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of all things visible and invisible; and in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the only-begotten of his Father, of the substance of the Father, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance (consubstantialem) with the Father. By whom all things were made, both which be in heaven and in earth. Who for us men and for our salvation came down [from heaven] and was incarnate and was made man. He suffered and the third day he rose again, and ascended into heaven. And he shall come again to judge both the quick and the dead. And [we believe] in the Holy Ghost. And whosoever shall say that there was a time when the Son of God was not, or that before he was begotten he was not, or that he was made of things that were not, or that he is of a different substance or essence [from the Father] or that he is a creature, or subject to change or conversion—all that so say, the Catholic and Apostolic Church anathematizes them.
Scriptures Supporting Claims: Gen. Chapters 1-3; John 1:1-14; Col.1:16-17; John 10:30; 1 Cor.15:1-8; Heb. 1:1-14; Luke 1:26-55; John 5:22; Rev. 20:11-15; John 14:26; Acts 2:33; Gal. 1:9. (NASB; KJV)